Pi Project Status Report Day 2

comments edit

On day 2 I started complaining to a friend that I kept burning out my GPIO ports and that they didn’t work properly. He helpfully suggested that I may not have had the pins plugged in to the correct spots.

After telling him that there was no way that I was plugging the things in wrong since I was using the Adafruit Pi Cobbler, I took a closer look and realized that I had plugged the wrong end of the cable into the Pi. The gray stripe needs to be near the bottom of the board, where the SD card reader is. I then took a Sharpie and labeled the ends of the cable so I don’t make this mistake again in the future. Or at least to make it less likely.

Mystery solved.