Productivity Power Tools adds a bunch of great features into Visual Studio 2017.
To be honest, the plugin integrates so seamlessly that I have a hard time knowing
which features come from this plugin and which are native to VS.
There’s a long list, but here are some of my favorites:
- Ctrl+Click GoTo Definition
- Turns method calls and types into hyperlinks to their files
- Custom Document Well
- Improved the tab bar across the top of the main window
- Fix Mixed Tabs
- Detects when a document has oth tabs and spaces
- Converts all tabs into spaces to keep your formatting consistent
- Match Margin
- Click on any word in the document and all instances of it become highlighted
in the scroll bar
- Solution Error Visualizer
- Any files with errors or warnings are shown in Solution Explorer with a
- Time Stamp Margin
- All output in the debug window is prepended with a datestamp. Simple but useul.