Getting Https Set Up On Githubpages With A Cutom Domain
Adding a certificate to your GitHub Pages site so that all of your traffic can use HTTPS is easy… if you don’t use a custom domain name. If you do have a custom domain, then you need to do a little work and a (free) Cloud Flare account to get it going.
- Create your free acount on https://www.cloudflare.com
- Enter your site’s address in the setup bar
- Head over to your DNS provider and add the Clod Flare servers as your custom domain servers. e.g. On NameCheap
- Optionally, you can head back to Cloud Flare and set up a page rule to redirect all HTTP pages to redirect to HTTPS. Just add a rule to match
- Wait. DNS has to happen now.
Thanks to Hacker Noon for pointing this out.